Presence Not Performance: 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
It’s estimated that 450,000 people currently practice yoga in the UK and it’s a growing industry. The yoga industry has changed dramatically in recent years; the advent of social media, yoga and body image and the McDonaldisation of an ancient practice. There are important questions and debates on going in the industry, of course the practice must evolve to meet the challenges of modern life.
Rosie is looking for people who want to be part of the evolution of yoga and meditation. Let’s take it in a direction that marries integrity and wisdom of traditions with our modern lifestyle.
What am I going to learn?
- A variety of styles; Hatha, Vinyasa, Restorative
- Postures (Asana)
- Breathing techniques (Pranayama)
- Functional anatomy; how the body moves
- Key muscles, connective tissue and bones
- How to sequence postures into an intelligent flow
- How to use your voice
- Clear, accessible and concise language
- An introduction to philosophy and yoga traditions
- How to teach Yoga to a group and 1:1
- How to adapt postures and environments to suit a variety of needs and common injuries
- Meditation techniques
- Introduction to somatic movement
- Best practice teaching skills
- Reflexive practice
- Sales and marketing; taking your brand out into the world
How will I be assessed?
- One practical exam (teaching)
- One multiple choice exam which covers anatomy and philosophy
- Coursework in the form of worksheets
- One short piece of written work in the form of a book review
- One video and personal observation of a teaching practice
- One case study (this can be the same as video) of a student practicing 3 times with you
- 5 written sequences (these can be the same as your case study)
- Participation in discussions.
For any queries please contact Rosie directly on email@example.com